<AWT Dev> <AWT dev>[12] Review request for JDK-8206392: [macosx] Cycling through windows (JFrames) does not work with keyboard shortcut

Dmitry Markov dmitry.markov at oracle.com
Fri Aug 31 18:32:19 UTC 2018

Hi Manajit,

The current implementation assumes that orderAboveSiblings() places the window in front of other windows located at the same level. The proposed fix introduces new behaviour: if the window does not have an owner and child windows it won’t be ordered, (i.e. in certain conditions the window may be obscured by other windows even after orderAboveSibling() execution). Most likely such approach will break existed functionality - some windows will be incorrectly placed behind other windows.

I am sorry, but the relationship between the original problem described in the bug, (i.e. cycling through windows issue) and implementation of orderAboveSiblings() is NOT clear. Can you explain this?

Thanks,
Dmitry