<AWT Dev> [12] Review Request: 8212680 (JDK12b14/Solaris-sparc) SplashScreen::getSplashScreen call fails with ULE: "libsplashscreen.so: ld.so.1: java: fatal: libz.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory"

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Mon Dec 3 19:37:14 UTC 2018

Hi, Magnus.

> This looks good to me too, but as I said before, I still think you should write a note about this change in UPDATING.txt, so this fix is not lost if pnglibconf.h were to be re-generated.
All lines which started by "/*#undef " in the "pnglibconf.h" are commented manually
and this is an existed note in the UPDATING.txt:
=========
4) Special and careful handling of pnglibconf.h
OpenJDK has a heavily modified copy of pnglibconf.h.
This is the trickiest part of the whole exercise.
This file is generated by png at build time.
Except for the dates and version, you should generally not need to update
OpenJDK's copy unless the new version of PNG has added rquired new #defines
that cause problems building.
You can run configure && make on the downloaded source and compare but we
do not want to enable any of the WRITE support, and there are many more
modifications as well.
So do NOT just copy in a file from the new libpng.
So lots of reasons to not copy over the new version,
and instead just tweak the existing one.
=========