<AWT Dev> [11] JDK-8196006: java/awt/Frame/SetMaximizedBounds/SetMaximizedBounds.java fails

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Sat Feb 3 08:07:36 UTC 2018

On 02/02/2018 23:50, Shashidhara Veerabhadraiah wrote:
> Hi Sergey, Main reason to change the test to run on the main screen is that the test runs thro's different graphics configurations whereas keeping the AWT frame in the same main screen. This leads to wrong calculations. Also for the intent of the test it is not required to run on all the graphics configurations.

Yes and it is one of the use-cases tested in the test: the frame located
on one screen should be able to maximize to some other screen.

> The problem is that getBounds() of the GraphicsConfiguration class returns the scaled size which is used as an initial input to set the maximized bounds by calling setMaximizedBounds(). As you said, frame.getBounds() returns the user space size. Hence we would need to transform it.

It sounds like a bug. At least on mac it works as expected on the retina
screen. In the GraphicsConfiguration.getBounds() there are also attempts
to scale down coordinates on linux/windows, it is unclear why it does
not work.