<AWT Dev> [11] Review Request: 8198335 java/awt/FullScreen/UninitializedDisplayModeChangeTest/UninitializedDisplayModeChangeTest.java fails in headless mode

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Tue Mar 27 02:02:05 UTC 2018

On 26/03/2018 17:50, Philip Race wrote:
> I presume the headful keyword means thie can't be run in our nightly
> tests ..and
> isn't supposed to be run in headless mode, so I am a bit puzzled by the
> change.
> I also don't understand why it would be "random".

An updated test just emulates the problem, it run the first instance
using "-Djava.awt.headless" and then unconditionally tries to change the
system display mode, this causes an exception in the headless instance.

> This bug cause the random failures of our headless tests
Here I have referenced any other tests in nightly, which fails if we get
such notifications from the OS.