<AWT Dev> RFR: 8225487: giflib legal file is missing attribution for openbsd-reallocarray.c

Philip Race philip.race at oracle.com
Fri Jun 7 23:35:34 UTC 2019

On 6/7/19, 4:16 PM, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:

> On 6/7/19 3:14 PM, Philip Race wrote:
>
>> It is that way in the upstream source so I don't think it is a problem.
>> It certainly doesn't affect the legal meaning to have an extra space.
>
> It is a legal document, so I suggest it corresponds to the original up
> to the symbol to avoid any requests from the right holder. I just
> luckily noticed the difference.
>
> Is it a big deal to correct the text? Can you explain your point?

I am not sure it needs correcting since it isn't incorrect. I think it
is fine as it is,
but then you wrote yourself above that being the same as the original is
preferable
so I don't understand what you are asking for :

1) remove the space to be formatted as before, but different than the
original
2) keep the space to be the same as the original

?

-phil.