<AWT Dev> RFR: 8232744 j.awt.Window::setShape(Shape) paints visible artifacts outside of the given shape

Philip Race philip.race at oracle.com
Mon Apr 6 19:24:20 UTC 2020

This is just common sense. I am shocked we need to document it.
The shape of the window is the shape we defined, the rest is window
manager decoration.

The existing text
"Only the parts that belong to the given Shape remain visible and
clickable"
seems adequate to me.

I don't suppose the halo effect is clickable ?

If we have to add anything I prefer the following :

Visual effects such as halos, shadows, motion effects and animations may
be added by the desktop and affect the actual or perceived position,
dimensions
or shape of the window.
These are usually outside the knowledge and control of the JDK and so
for the
purposes of this specification are not considered part of the
AWT-specified window.

-phil.