<AWT Dev> RFR: 8225126 Test SetBoundsPaintTest.html faild on Windows when desktop is scaled

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Thu Feb 6 20:12:36 UTC 2020

On 2/6/20 11:45 am, Alexey Ivanov wrote:
> awt_Choice.cpp
> 233     int borderHeight = ScaleDownY(::GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYBORDER));
> Documentation says GetSystemMetrics always returns the value for the primary monitor. Shall we still scale the value down? Or it will be compensated by the following ScaleUpY in ResetDropDownHeight?

I am not sure that this constant is related to the primary monitor
only. The spec for SM_CYBORDER does not mention the primary monitor
like some others SM_CYMAXIMIZED/SM_CYSCREEN etc.

We use this value as-is for all monitors, in java we scale value
and if passed back to native we convert it again by ScaleUpY like in
resetDropDownHeight().