<AWT Dev> RFR: 8212226 SurfaceManager throws "Invalid Image variant" for MultiResolutionImage (Windows)

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Fri Jul 24 21:28:45 UTC 2020

Hi, Alexander.

I am not sure that access to default resolution via index "0" is the right thing to do:

  - Default resolution is not necessary located as a first image, for example in
    the BaseMultiResolutionImage it is possible to specify the index of the base image.
  - To access the image by the index you will need to call getResolutionVariants, which
    will load all resolution variants even if most of them are unusable.

I think it is better to call: getResolutionVariant(width, height); since the default resolution
has the same size as the image itself.

Do you have a chance to create a small test for this use case? I think it will be useful.