<AWT Dev> Project Lana EA build now available at https://jdk.java.net/lanai/ - feedback requested.

Philip Race philip.race at oracle.com
Thu May 14 22:20:22 UTC 2020

The first EA build of Project Lanai is available at
https://jdk.java.net/lanai/

This is a new Java2D graphics pipeline for macOS.

It can run the usual client demos, such as SwingSet2 and J2Ddemo,
and even a large app like an IDE, although not without glitches.
The EA download page has a link to the list of known, open bugs you can
consult.

It is a first EA build and there is plenty of work still to be done
and we have doubtless not tested every situation nor do we have
every piece of mac hardware out there, so there will be unreported
issues too.

Please try it, and provide feedback to the lanai-dev at openjdk.java.net
mailing list.

Make sure you specify -Dsun.java2d.metal=true  !!

-phil.