<AWT Dev> RFR: 8256108: Create implementation for NSAccessibilityElement protocol peer [v2]

Alexander Zuev kizune at openjdk.java.net
Thu Nov 19 09:24:07 UTC 2020

On Thu, 19 Nov 2020 09:10:45 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> So do you plan to return different a11y components depends on the type of the role? So for the old API, you will return JavaComponentAccessibility and for the new, you will return ButtonAccessibility which will extend CommonComponentAccessibility and implement NSAccessibilityButton, etc? WIll it work?

Yes. That's the way. I mean - that's the plan. I already tested it on couple of components and it works just fine.

> BTW don't you need to implement isAccessibilityFocused to cover old accessibilityFocusedAttribute?

Not right now. I'm trying to do the minimal implementation and so far in my testing i haven't found that anyone calls that selector under any circumstances. OTOH the current implementation is in no way a complete one and selectors will be added during the component peers implementation phase. I'm trying to reuse as much code from the original class as possible but for streamlining purposes if there's no corresponding function i can use i am writing this function as a new one, because i do not want to modify the behavior of the existing functions. This should streamline the last merge in this feature which should be a general cleanup of the existing code and removal of unused functions and refactoring of the used ones to the new API.