<AWT Dev> RFR: 8263363: Minor cleanup of Lanai code - unused code removal and comments correction

Sergey Bylokhov serb at openjdk.java.net
Wed Apr 7 02:58:31 UTC 2021

On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 14:12:55 GMT, Ajit Ghaisas <aghaisas at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Refer JBS for 3 issues that this PR addresses.
> In addition, I have corrected an erroneous free() call in the same method I was cleaning up.

src/java.desktop/macosx/classes/sun/java2d/metal/MTLGraphicsConfig.java line 149:

> 147:         try {
> 148:             // getMTLConfigInfo() creates new MTLContext, so we should first
> 149:             // invalidate the current Java-level context and flush the queue...

The old discussion was related not only to the comment but to the invalidateCurrentContext, do we need to do it?

src/java.desktop/macosx/native/libawt_lwawt/java2d/metal/MTLGraphicsConfig.m line 152:

> 150:     NSAutoreleasePool* pool = [[NSAutoreleasePool alloc] init];
> 151:
> 152:

Please also check how this function is called, looks like previously it was called as a selector+an array as a parameter, and then reworked as a performOnMainThreadWaiting+block, but it still use an array as a parameter. I think it is similar to JDK-8238075.