<AWT Dev> RFR: 8240756: [macos] SwingSet2:TableDemo:Printed Japanese characters were garbled

Toshio Nakamura tnakamura at openjdk.java.net
Thu Apr 22 09:46:32 UTC 2021

Hi,

Could you review the fix?
When non-English characters were printed from JTable on MacOS, CTextPipe.doDrawGlyphs was called by OSXSurfaceData.drawGlyphs. However, CTextPipe seems not support glyph with slot number of composite fonts.

The slot data mask of GlyphVector is 0xff000000. In my environment, Japanese font was loaded at slot 4, and glyph data is like [0x40003e5]. Then, unexpected glyph was drawn.

This patch checks slot data of each character. If slot data exists, it will branch to GlyphVector's drawing path.

Well, I couldn't create automatic test for this fix. This method seems to be called for printing only. I appreciate any advice.
Tested java/awt and javax/swing on MacOS BigSur, and there was no regression.

Regards,
Toshio Nakamura

Commit messages:
 - 8240756: [macos] SwingSet2:TableDemo:Printed Japanese characters were garbled

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=3619&range=00
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/3619/head:pull/3619