<AWT Dev> RFR: 8136517: [macosx]Test java/awt/Focus/8073453/AWTFocusTransitionTest.java fails on MacOSX [v2]

Pankaj Bansal pbansal at openjdk.java.net
Wed Apr 28 03:14:49 UTC 2021

On Wed, 28 Apr 2021 03:07:15 GMT, Pankaj Bansal <pbansal at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> The tests java/awt/Focus/8073453/AWTFocusTransitionTest.java and java/awt/Focus/8073453/SwingFocusTransitionTest.java fail on MacOS intermittently and are problem listed. The test needs lot of Robot actions. It does not test if the components are visible on the screen.
>>
>> The changes fix this issue. Also, the frame is moved to centre of screen and set to be at top always. Some more cleanup is done. The test is passing for multiple iterations on all platforms on CI. Link in JBS.
>
> Pankaj Bansal has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Review Comments

I have reverted the unnecessary changes and now effective changes are to move the frame in centre and increase auto delay from 50ms to 100ms. I do not see anything else in test which can create problem. I have ran more than 100 iterations of these 2 tests on all 3 platforms on our CI systems and there is no failure (Links in JBS).
I would propose that we should remove the tests from Problem list with these small changes and see if there are any failures. I do not think there will be any, but of there are failures, they may be because of product issues and we may fix those accordingly.
Otherwise, I can just close this PR with integration.