<AWT Dev> [jdk17] RFR: 8266079: Lanai: AlphaComposite shows differences on Metal compared to OpenGL [v5]

Sergey Bylokhov serb at openjdk.java.net
Mon Jul 5 17:57:49 UTC 2021

On Mon, 5 Jul 2021 15:55:20 GMT, Alexey Ushakov <avu at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Implemented blit via compute kernel
>
> Alexey Ushakov has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   8266079: Lanai: AlphaComposite shows differences on Metal compared to OpenGL
>
>   Minor cleanup

src/java.desktop/macosx/classes/sun/lwawt/macosx/CPlatformWindow.java line 340:

> 338:         if (!isTranslucent) {
> 339:             contentView.setWindowLayerOpaque(true);
> 340:         }

I think windowLayer should be always in sync with NSWindowOpaque state. And both should be changed together via setOpaque() method.

The change above will call the "setWindowLayerOpaque" twice:
 - LWWindowPeer()->platformWindow.initialize()->contentView.setWindowLayerOpaque(true)
 - LWWindowPeer()->initializeImpl()->setOpaque()->contentView.setWindowLayerOpaque()