<AWT Dev> RFR: 8264299: Create implementation of native accessibility peer for ScrollPane and ScrollBar Java Accessibility roles [v3]

Pankaj Bansal pbansal at openjdk.java.net
Thu May 13 06:01:10 UTC 2021

On Wed, 12 May 2021 16:33:22 GMT, Alexander Zuev <kizune at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Pankaj Bansal has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains six additional commits since the last revision:
>>
>>  - Merge branch 'master' of https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk into JDK-8264299
>>  - Use accessibilityRoleAttribute to get component role
>>  - Add ScrollBar Accessibility
>>  - remove logs
>>  - Add functions to get ScrollBars from ScrollArea children
>>  - 8264299: Create implementation of native accessibility peer for ScrollPane  Java Accessibility role
>
> src/java.desktop/macosx/native/libawt_lwawt/awt/JavaComponentAccessibility.m line 1879:
>
>> 1877:
>> 1878:
>> 1879: @implementation ScrollAreaAccessibility_Old
>
> Why do we need to keep the old interface and implementation? When can it be instantiated?

It will not be instantiated ever with these changes. I was not very sure whether to keep it or not, that is why I mentioned it in the description itself. I was thinking may want to fall back to old API sometime to test if everything works fine after the changes. So I decided to keep it. But even I feel it messes up the code and we can always revert locally if we want to test. So removing the old interface and implementation.