<AWT Dev> RFR: 8182043: Access to Windows Large Icons [v10]

Alexander Zuev kizune at openjdk.java.net
Thu May 20 19:28:50 UTC 2021

On Thu, 20 May 2021 17:29:55 GMT, Sergey Bylokhov <serb at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Here I am not talking about specification, I am talking about the usage of it, is the instanceof+cast is helpful?

It is necessary until all the consequences of always returning of MRI is extensively tested on all the supported platforms and it does not cause any serious regression or visual degradations. So for now i would not enforce MRI usage in this method which means use base image class instead and do the cast later.