<AWT Dev> RFR: 8182043: Access to Windows Large Icons [v7]

Sergey Bylokhov serb at openjdk.java.net
Fri May 21 05:45:32 UTC 2021

On Fri, 21 May 2021 04:15:41 GMT, Alexander Zuev <kizune at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Maybe we can test this case by just reusing this method where the "sf.getIcon(largeicon)" previously used in the WindowsPlacesBar class? That old method has the special code for "folder.isLibrary()" so I assume it supported the Libraries. And if we will start to use the new method then all old tests for the JFileChooser will start to test it.
>
> What is the library a collection folder such as Recent Items or Documents?

It is accessible from the "JFileChooser" drop-down menu. On my system, the Libraries at that drop down menu contain "GIT", "Documents", "Music". https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/client-management/windows-libraries

There are also "known folders" such as "Network" or "My computer" which do not have a real path but can be navigated in the JFileChooser and has an icon.