<AWT Dev> RFR: 8208747: [a11y] [macos] In Optionpane Demo, inside ComponentDialog Example, unable to navigate to all items, with VO on

Alexander Zuev kizune at openjdk.java.net
Mon May 24 09:35:32 UTC 2021

On Thu, 20 May 2021 12:29:10 GMT, Pankaj Bansal <pbansal at openjdk.org> wrote:

> What I am asking is why the same issue is not observed in JList.

In JList it is observed differently because there the multiple selection is allowed and because of that fever events about items selected/deselected and focus change being generated. When we move cursor with the VO hot keys we got selection change events with currently chosen item and the first item in the list, that leads to adding of the chosen item to the selection. That does not change focus and focus event is not being generated but instead of moving cursor we just adjusting selection. But if you will try to move cursor with simple up/down arrows you will see that you can not navigate past second or third item - eventually the order of selection/focus events will bring it back to the beginning of the list. It all starts with the discrepancy between the container reporting which children is selected and the index of the item in parent container reported by the selected children.