<AWT Dev> Fwd: Project Wakefield announcement and welcome

Philip Race philip.race at oracle.com
Wed Sep 1 22:04:23 UTC 2021

FYI

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Project Wakefield announcement and welcome
Date: 	Wed, 1 Sep 2021 14:59:30 -0700
From: 	Philip Race <philip.race at oracle.com>
To: 	wakefield-dev at openjdk.java.net

Hi all,

The project has been recorded in the OpenJDK census :
https://openjdk.java.net/census#wakefield

The email list (to which I sent this)
has been set up pre-populated with the initial committers.
If you are a committer who did not previously have an OpenJDK ID you
should have received
an invitation to register. Don't ignore it - it will expire in 14 days
from when it was sent.

We also have a web page https://openjdk.java.net/projects/wakefield/
<https://openjdk.java.net/projects/wakefield/> which is still just pro-forma
I'll add something more once we have it :-)

The wiki is also being set up :
https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/wakefield
<https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/wakefield>

Unlike the Project Page everyone who is a committer will be able to edit
the wiki

The project repo has not yet been created but is expected to be created
this week.
I will send a follow up on that once it is done.

I'll also inform the various client lists (forward please do NOT cross
post !)  of the new mailing list

-phil.