<Beans Dev> JDK 9 RFR of 8081547: Prepare client libs regression tests for running in a concurrent, headless jtreg environment

joe darcy joe.darcy at oracle.com
Tue Jun 30 16:32:56 UTC 2015

Hi Alan,

On 6/30/2015 12:09 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:

> On 30/06/2015 00:16, Joseph D. Darcy wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Please review the proposed fix for
>>
>>     8081547: Prepare client libs regression tests for running in a
>> concurrent, headless jtreg environment
>>     http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~darcy/8081547.1/
>>
>> This fix takes advantage of the recently added "headful" jtreg
>> keyword (JDK-8129822: Define "headful" jtreg keyword). Patch below.
>>
>> Some long-standing test failures are added to the problem list,
>> including one in sound; hence the cc to sound-dev.
> This looks okay to me. A minor nit is that we've tended not to leave a
> blank line between # <BUGID> and the tests, mostly to make it clear
> which tests are listed for the bug number. The right thing in the
> medium term is of course to convert the ProblemList file to jtreg format.

Okay; I'll tighten up the bug number placement before I push.

To provide some context on the jtreg format, the ProblemList file
support a syntax where the bug number can be placed on the same line as
a failing test and be printed out in a report. At some point we should
switch the ProblemList to use that format, but I wanted to keep these
additions consistent with the current practice in the file.

Thanks,

-Joe