<Beans Dev> RFR: 8258006: Replaces while cycles with iterator with enhanced for in java.desktop

Andrey Turbanov github.com+741251+turbanoff at openjdk.java.net
Wed Dec 16 15:17:55 UTC 2020

On Wed, 16 Dec 2020 14:59:45 GMT, Andrey Turbanov <github.com+741251+turbanoff at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> These tests more or less *never* fail so how are you sure it is not your changes ?
>> And 8 beans tests failed and you made 3 changes in beans code so I'd like to see some evidence
>> to show these failures are unrelated and an explanation as to why these stable tests now fail ?
>> I don't think they are problem listed.
>
> Oops. I also had changes from https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-4511638 in my working tree.
> After I reverted them only 3 tests failed in `test-tier3`:
> ==============================
> Test summary
> ==============================
>    TEST                                              TOTAL  PASS  FAIL ERROR
>>> jtreg:test/jdk:tier3                               1192  1189     3     0 <<
>    jtreg:test/langtools:tier3                            0     0     0     0
>    jtreg:test/jaxp:tier3                                 0     0     0     0
> ==============================
> TEST FAILURE
>
>     JT Harness : Tests that failed
>     Tests are grouped by their final status message.
>     Execution failed: `main' threw exception: TestFailedException: TEST FAILED: ; nested exception is: java.rmi.activation.ActivateFailedException: activation failed; nested exception is: java.rmi.activation.ActivationException: timeout creating child process
>
>         java/rmi/activation/Activatable/restartLatecomer/RestartLatecomer.java: rmid does not handle group restart for latecomer objects
>
>     Execution failed: `main' threw exception: java.lang.Exception: failures: 1
>
>         sanity/client/SwingSet/src/ColorChooserDemoTest.java: Verifies SwingSet3 ColorChooserDemo by performing simple interaction with all the controls that are shown in the ColorChooserDialog.
>         sanity/client/SwingSet/src/SwingSet2DemoTest.java: Verifies check box menu item, radio button menu item, nested menus and themes using SwingSet2 main window.
>
>     Report generated on Dec 16, 2020 5:54:22 PM
>     Using JT Harness 6.0; built on November 30, 2020 at 12:00:00 AM MSK with java version "1.8.0_172"

I tried to run this 3 tests separately - all passed. Looks like inference from other tests in test suite.
user at WORK-PC /cygdrive/f/Projects/official_openjdk
$ make test TEST="jtreg:test/jdk/sanity/client/SwingSet/src/SwingSet2DemoTest.java"
Building target 'test' in configuration 'windows-x86_64-server-release'
Running tests using JTREG control variable 'VM_OPTIONS=-Duser.language=en -Duser.country=US'
Test selection 'jtreg:test/jdk/sanity/client/SwingSet/src/SwingSet2DemoTest.java', will run:
* jtreg:test/jdk/sanity/client/SwingSet/src/SwingSet2DemoTest.java

Running test 'jtreg:test/jdk/sanity/client/SwingSet/src/SwingSet2DemoTest.java'
Passed: sanity/client/SwingSet/src/SwingSet2DemoTest.java
Test results: passed: 1
Report written to F:\Projects\official_openjdk\build\windows-x86_64-server-release\test-results\jtreg_test_jdk_sanity_client_SwingSet_src_SwingSet2DemoTest_java\html\report.html
Results written to F:\Projects\official_openjdk\build\windows-x86_64-server-release\test-support\jtreg_test_jdk_sanity_client_SwingSet_src_SwingSet2DemoTest_java
Finished running test 'jtreg:test/jdk/sanity/client/SwingSet/src/SwingSet2DemoTest.java'
Test report is stored in build/windows-x86_64-server-release/test-results/jtreg_test_jdk_sanity_client_SwingSet_src_SwingSet2DemoTest_java

==============================
Test summary
==============================
   TEST                                              TOTAL  PASS  FAIL ERROR
   jtreg:test/jdk/sanity/client/SwingSet/src/SwingSet2DemoTest.java
                                                         1     1     0     0
==============================
TEST SUCCESS

Finished building target 'test' in configuration 'windows-x86_64-server-release'
user at WORK-PC /cygdrive/f/Projects/official_openjdk
$ make test TEST="jtreg:test/jdk/sanity/client/SwingSet/src/ColorChooserDemoTest.java"
Building target 'test' in configuration 'windows-x86_64-server-release'
Running tests using JTREG control variable 'VM_OPTIONS=-Duser.language=en -Duser.country=US'
Test selection 'jtreg:test/jdk/sanity/client/SwingSet/src/ColorChooserDemoTest.java', will run:
* jtreg:test/jdk/sanity/client/SwingSet/src/ColorChooserDemoTest.java

Running test 'jtreg:test/jdk/sanity/client/SwingSet/src/ColorChooserDemoTest.java'
Passed: sanity/client/SwingSet/src/ColorChooserDemoTest.java
Test results: passed: 1
Report written to F:\Projects\official_openjdk\build\windows-x86_64-server-release\test-results\jtreg_test_jdk_sanity_client_SwingSet_src_ColorChooserDemoTest_java\html\report.html
Results written to F:\Projects\official_openjdk\build\windows-x86_64-server-release\test-support\jtreg_test_jdk_sanity_client_SwingSet_src_ColorChooserDemoTest_java
Finished running test 'jtreg:test/jdk/sanity/client/SwingSet/src/ColorChooserDemoTest.java'
Test report is stored in build/windows-x86_64-server-release/test-results/jtreg_test_jdk_sanity_client_SwingSet_src_ColorChooserDemoTest_java

==============================
Test summary
==============================
   TEST                                              TOTAL  PASS  FAIL ERROR
   jtreg:test/jdk/sanity/client/SwingSet/src/ColorChooserDemoTest.java
                                                         1     1     0     0
==============================
TEST SUCCESS

Finished building target 'test' in configuration 'windows-x86_64-server-release'
user at WORK-PC /cygdrive/f/Projects/official_openjdk
$ make test TEST="jtreg:test/jdk/java/rmi/activation/Activatable/restartLatecomer/RestartLatecomer.java"
Building target 'test' in configuration 'windows-x86_64-server-release'
Running tests using JTREG control variable 'VM_OPTIONS=-Duser.language=en -Duser.country=US'
Test selection 'jtreg:test/jdk/java/rmi/activation/Activatable/restartLatecomer/RestartLatecomer.java', will run:
* jtreg:test/jdk/java/rmi/activation/Activatable/restartLatecomer/RestartLatecomer.java

Running test 'jtreg:test/jdk/java/rmi/activation/Activatable/restartLatecomer/RestartLatecomer.java'
Passed: java/rmi/activation/Activatable/restartLatecomer/RestartLatecomer.java
Test results: passed: 1
Report written to F:\Projects\official_openjdk\build\windows-x86_64-server-release\test-results\jtreg_test_jdk_java_rmi_activation_Activatable_restartLatecomer_RestartLatecomer_java\html\report.html
Results written to F:\Projects\official_openjdk\build\windows-x86_64-server-release\test-support\jtreg_test_jdk_java_rmi_activation_Activatable_restartLatecomer_RestartLatecomer_java
Finished running test 'jtreg:test/jdk/java/rmi/activation/Activatable/restartLatecomer/RestartLatecomer.java'
Test report is stored in build/windows-x86_64-server-release/test-results/jtreg_test_jdk_java_rmi_activation_Activatable_restartLatecomer_RestartLatecomer_java

Test summary
   TEST                                              TOTAL  PASS  FAIL ERROR