Splitting the meat of a proposal from the trivial details.

Reinier Zwitserloot reinier at zwitserloot.com
Thu Apr 16 03:51:28 PDT 2009

If Coin did effectively take 3 months, that's all the more reason to
open up coin-dev for the complete 3 month timespan!

By restricting discussion to the shortlist after a month and a week, a
lot of interesting but not relevant chatter about proposals that
definitely won't make the grade anyway can be weeded out. At times I
felt the coin discussion turned needlessly specific for early stage
proposals, and yet for other proposals, the idle banter on vague
proposals was distracting from finalizing the details on something
like ARM.

  --Reinier Zwitserloot