Automatic Resource Management, V.2

brucechapman at paradise.net.nz brucechapman at paradise.net.nz
Tue Apr 21 20:54:25 PDT 2009

> At the end of the day I find all of
> these
> three solutions, try, other keyword, or scope, better than what we
> currently have and therefore support any of the variations.
>
> -- Howard.

If language design decisions were based on accepting anything that was better
rather than best, then you'd incrementally get way off course, because you
cannot rework previous errors of judgement. As we all know, its hard enough to
keep roughly on course when all practical effort is made to be "best" at each
increment.

It's called entropy and it never decreases, and the more you have, the harder it
is to do more work. The wise thing to do is minimise the entropy of every change
in order to maximise the opportunities for future change.

Bruce