Syntax patterns: more statistics.

Bruce Chapman brucechapman at paradise.net.nz
Wed Apr 22 03:04:06 PDT 2009

Ruslan,

I downloaded your tool and read through the documentation but it was not
obvious to me how to look for my pattern, can I add one more request
since you seem to be planning another "run" for coin please?

For the "PROPOSAL: Unsigned Integer Widening Operator"
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcvp3mkv_2k39wt5gf&hl

could you please look for these patterns (bitwise integer and expressions)

$x & 0xff

and

0xFF & $x

where $x is an expression of type byte. (I would expect around 90% or
more of the matches to be where $x is a byte array access expression,
and most of the remainder to be byte variables, with most also being
with the int literal on right hand side. I would not expecting you to
distinguish 0xff from 255, but the pattern definately ONLY matches when
anding with this value.

thanks

Bruce