diamond operator & implementation strategies (v3)

Joseph D. Darcy Joe.Darcy at Sun.COM
Fri Aug 21 11:10:47 PDT 2009

Maurizio Cimadamore wrote:
> Hi
> We have spent some time playing with the diamond operator[1, 6] - the
> result of this work are two different prototypes, one implementing the
> 'simple' strategy discussed in my earlier post[2, 3], another one
> implementing a more sophisticated approach that has been proposed by
> Neal [4,5] (in the remainder of this mail I'll refer to the latter as
> the 'complex' approach).

Thanks Maurizio for that good work on diamond!

Please send comments on the feature to the list.  Maurizio will be away
for a while and discussion can continue on the list until he can
participate again.

In other news, I plan to announce the final list of candidate features
within the next week or so.

I also plan to finish work on the prototype for strings in switch in the
coming weeks.

-Joe