Proposal discussions, support and opposition?

Joseph D. Darcy Joe.Darcy at Sun.COM
Sat Feb 28 10:00:53 PST 2009

Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> How is it intended that this list is intended to be used?
>
> It is just to submit proposals?
>
> Or for broader discussion about their applicability, style, fit with
> Java, future directions of Java, etc.

Yes, the list is for analysis, refinement, and discussion of the
proposals as well.

> And will there be any other means to express support or opposition to
> particular proposals other than via this mailing list?

I'm sure people will register their support or opposition for proposals
in many other forums!

However, I think the list should serve as the central location for the
discussion to occur.

-Joe