Proposal: Automatic Resource Management

Alex Buckley Alex.Buckley at Sun.COM
Wed Mar 4 09:59:17 PST 2009

Rémi Forax wrote:
> Neal Gafter a écrit :
>> Remi-
>>
>> Do you have any evidence that this is a sound extension of the type
>> system?
>>
> I don't think the rule about generics interfaces is here to ensure that
> the type system is sound or not.
> It's about avoiding clash between bridges that as you know contains code.

As fully explained at
http://www.angelikalanger.com/GenericsFAQ/FAQSections/ProgrammingIdioms.html#FAQ401

What would you do about bridge methods in the example there?

In fact, don't tell me. Either file a Request For Enhancement against
JLS 8.1.5, or fill in the proposal form and send it to coin-dev. Don't
take the ARM proposal discussion off-topic.

Alex