Proposal: Automatic Resource Management

Roel Spilker r.spilker at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 14:40:05 PST 2009

I'd really like to see getSuppressedExceptions() and
addSuppressedException() in Throwable. This is also usefull in other
scenario's as well. So maybe it is worth its own coin proposal. But then
again, you'd get a dependency on that proposal. In that case I think it
should be promoted to the body.

About the stacktrace: it isn't really part of the stack. And if the close
method throws an exception in the finally block, and no other exception has
been thrown, you would get the exception anyway, right? So I think there is
no need for any of the suppressed exceptions to be part of the stacktrace.

Roel