Extended arrays declaration and access syntax with use of enumerated types

Stefan Schulz schulz at e-spirit.de
Sat Mar 14 06:41:42 PDT 2009

Gabriel Belingueres schrieb:
 > You could use a Map implementation, or even a SortedMap implementation
 > if you need to keep an order between the keys.

Or rather a LinkedHashMap ;)

What happened to the "Array-Syntax for Collections" proposal btw.?
Proposing some Array-like syntax for Maps would be a consequent
extension to that proposal, resulting in the same syntacitc statements
as presented in this proposal on arrays.
To me, in an object oriented language solutions easing the use of
objects reducing the usage of primitive data structures seem more
desirable than the opposite.

Stefan