Coin Considerations

Stefan Schulz schulz at e-spirit.de
Sat Mar 14 09:30:59 PDT 2009

Stephen Colebourne schrieb:
 > Reinier Zwitserloot wrote:
 >  > - factory interfaces (an interface to describe constructors and
 >  > static methods). I've got a simple way to do it, but I don't think
 >  > its simple enough for coin.

I'd be interested in the "simple way". Is there anything for reading? :)

 > See https://kijaro.dev.java.net/ static implements. And yes, its a great
 > idea, but too complex for Coin.

I must admit that I didn't get very far with the prototype, not having
the time to dwelve deep into the compiler. It further requires some
additional information to be put into class files, hence, it might
easily be out of scope for Coin. (In the prototype, I made use of the
attributes section of a class description to not have to change the
class file format. It would at least require a change in the VM
specification wrt. the new attribute, I guess. And there are lots of
issues to solve wrt. Generics in static interfaces, some of which I
named in my blog.)

Stefan