Use "default" keyword for default visibility

Joshua Bloch jjb at google.com
Sat Mar 14 23:08:40 PDT 2009

Howard,
Are you sure?  The only other modifier I remember was "private protected,"
which was quite different from package private.  I believe that it was
always the default access mode.  I thought I coined the term "package
private" for Effective Java (though it's likely that others came up with it
independently and earlier).

          Josh