Coin Considerations

Vilya Harvey vilya.harvey at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 03:37:40 PDT 2009

2009/3/14 Reinier Zwitserloot <reinier at zwitserloot.com>

> So what proposals are still fermenting in the minds of coin
> contributors? Inspired by the recent discussion between Joe D'Arcy and
> Mark Mahieu that people are possibly thinking someone else will be
> proposing it.

I had a few things in mind, mostly to do with lists, some of which people
have already mentioned:

   - list comprehensions.
   - either list literals or autoboxing/unboxing conversions between arrays
   and lists (I haven't really thought this one through yet; I suspect there
   would be a lot of issues in deciding when to apply the boxing).
   - array style access for lists, maps and strings.
   - negative array indexes should count from the back of the array (e.g.
   a[-1] == a[a.length - 1]).
   - slice syntax a la python for arrays, lists and strings.

I'll happily write any of these up, if anyone thinks there'd be enough
interest.

Vil.