Coin Considerations

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Wed Mar 18 14:07:56 PDT 2009

* Mark Mahieu:

[Annotation trickery to tweak overloading]

> For better or worse, using annotations for these purposes is off limits.

Okay, but I think we need some way to retrofit existing classes in a
fairly uniform manner.

The Closable approach doesn't really fly.  You probably want
Process#destroy(), Timer#cancel(), ExecutorService#shutdown(), and
some more.  Looking for classes which implement finalize() should
increase the length of the list.  Many of them will free native
resources, and doing as early as possible will increase overall system
robustness and determinism.