Feedback and comments on ARM proposal - resend

Joshua Bloch jjb at google.com
Thu Mar 19 14:55:23 PDT 2009

Neal,

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Neal Gafter <neal at gafter.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 12:32 PM, Joshua Bloch <jjb at google.com> wrote:
> In any case, it is because of the existence of these kinds of
> disagreements that I believe more experience is needed.

With all due respect, I don't see a lot of people disagreeing; I see one
person disagreeing vociferously.  For the most part, others are discussing
the details to make sure that we do a good job on important cases. The
automatic resource management statement is a facility that would solve a
huge problem that affects the great majority of programmers today, and we
know how to solve it well enough to address the great bulk of that problem.

          Josh