PROPOSAL: Named method parameters

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Sat Mar 21 10:34:08 PDT 2009

* Neal Gafter:

> Annotations should not affect the semantics of any other language
> construct.  I think if you want to add support for named parameters,
> the support should be available everywhere.

This is very difficult because so far, parameter names are an
implementation detail and might differ across implementations (and
within a class hierarchy).

Standard ML kind of solves the issue by having a lightweight syntax
for constructing record values, and I wonder if this isn't the right
approach to fit named parameters on an existing language.