Proposal: Large arrays

Reinier Zwitserloot reinier at zwitserloot.com
Tue Mar 24 18:25:17 PDT 2009

Far too cute; I think:

fooArray.add(foo);

is superior to all of:

fooArray[fooArray.length] = foo;
fooList += foo;
fooList -= foo;

Note also that fooArray[length+1] can't be made threadsafe, and the
pseudo-addition/substraction is exactly the kind of example people who
oppose operator overloading use - it's that offensive to some.

Access and setting is a decent addition, but not something I usually
do with my lists (I iterate them instead). I'd use comprehensions
more. Not against it either, just saying 'meh' to the idea.

  --Reinier Zwitserloot