PROPOSAL: 'forget' keyword (beta)

Marek Kozieł develop4lasu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 14:44:53 PDT 2009

W dniu 27 marca 2009 17:38 użytkownik Daniel Cheng <j16sdiz at gmail.com> napisał:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 10:02 PM, Marek Kozieł <develop4lasu at gmail.com> wrote:
>>   I do not know if there is point to describe this proposal in
>> details, because it require to introduce new keyword which may be
>> impossible for project Coin scope.?
>
> You are encourage going against the  CERT Secure Programming Practice:
>  https://www.securecoding.cert.org/confluence/display/java/SCP03-J.+Do+not+reuse+names
>
> Almost all modern programming style manual against reuseing variable name, eg:
>  http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~pattis/15-1XX/15-200/lectures/style/index.html

Reusing names is bad (we have the same opinion here)

Let's say explicit that something should not be used what's good

Contrary to pretension this solution will decrease a number of resused
variables "names". Notice that for example someone has opened stream,
worked on it and closed. Nowdays, it's quite common to reuse variable
for second stream, but if someone has used "forget stream" and had
warning/error on "reuse" , he will use for 95% new variable.

--
Pozdrowionka. / Regards.
Lasu aka Marek Kozieł

http://lasu2string.blogspot.com/