PROPOSAL: Templated Construction Expressions (i.e., Expressions Embedded in Strings)

rssh at gradsoft.com.ua rssh at gradsoft.com.ua
Mon Mar 30 22:12:30 PDT 2009

> (The proposal to use """ for both open and closing delimiters
> is very IDE-unfriendly.  Imagine trying to do syntax highlighting
> and checking as the user is entering a program or makes a typo ...)

But IDE-s ara adopted to groovy and scala now. (I.e. netbeans correctly
parse and highlight groovy long strings). And all major IDE-s will be
adopted to new . So, this argument is not counted.

// And of course, I does not see prinicipal difference in number of
delimiters.

If multiline strings such anticipated -- may be syntax of some form of HERE
document can be used instead ?

P.S. Sorry, I know that multiline strings debate is closed ;)