JSR 292 support, minor change to specification (John Rose)

John Rose john.r.rose at oracle.com
Thu Apr 22 18:13:11 PDT 2010

Hi Paul.  I added some rationale on that subject to the updated document I sent out.  See also:
  http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/mlvm-dev/2010-April/001676.html

I fully expect that no matter what syntax we choose lots of people will hate it.  I'm not looking to please people with exotic identifiers, but rather to reserve a character sequence (NOT a single character, mind you) which is highly unlikely to be required elsewhere.  #" is such a sequence.  Yes, there are many other such sequences, but we have to choose one.  I'm sorry to disappoint anyone that has passionate syntactic sensibilities on this, but please:  Let's exercise our creativity on deeper issues.

-- John