FYI, JSR 334 is now in public review

Neal Gafter neal at gafter.com
Tue Apr 26 09:36:46 PDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 9:41 PM, Bernard Traversat
<bernard.traversat at oracle.com> wrote:
>  On 3/24/11 3:37 PM, Neal Gafter wrote:
>> Please provide access to the archives of the expert group mailing list.
>
> We are working on it and committed to a transparent process.

Actions speak louder than words.

A month has passed.  Oracle has concluded shepherding this JSR through
the public review ballot, and yet there remains no public access to
the archives of the expert group mailing list.  That calls into
question the seriousness of Oracle's commitment.

As I have repeatedly said, I will be happy to respond to the public
review by providing detailed comments once the archives have been made
available.  But if the public review period is closed before those
comments can be acted upon, there will be no point in my effort.  It
appears that  Oracle's intransigence is undermining the value of an
"open" process.

Cheers,
Neal