Miranda methods and Methods added by Code Generators

Andrew Dinn adinn at redhat.com
Tue Aug 10 07:45:45 PDT 2010

On 08/10/2010 03:18 PM, Neal Gafter wrote:
> That might work (it might ignore them).  If your intent is that the
> interface and its members are not visible to the programmers, that would be
> appropriate.  However, be aware that in that case you are circumventing some
> javac/language checks.

Well, we know already that we are generating code that the JVM will
happily and safely eat since we can arrive at the same situation by
applying the AOP transform after compiling parent and child. So, I have
no worries about validity as far as the current transformation code
stands -- of course, given this much rope we could still screw up later :-)

> If it does not work, I suspect the compiler team would welcome a patch that
> makes it work.

And here's me wanting to get stuck into the hotspot code for the last 6
months without having been able to find the time. Anyway, thanks for the
invitation -- I'll see what works and contribute a patch if I need and
am able to.

regards,

Andrew Dinn