java-nio-charset-enhanced -- Milestone 3 is released

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at gmx.de
Sun Dec 21 20:39:22 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

milestone 3 of charset enhancement is released.

- compared to JDK 6 classes, I downsized the footprint to 13 %, which
also should perform class loading, because encoder maps will be lazy
initialized.
- additionally memory consumption of those encoders is reduced to
roundabout 30 %, depending on particular charset.
- In this release I established an alternative mapping technique, which
should be faster for most real text's character distribution with
minimal mapping failures, but maybe slower on massive occurrence of
unmappable codes or rare characters.

See my projects home: ---> https://java-nio-charset-enhanced.dev.java.net/

I believe, these technics could also be used for most multi-byte charsets.

Happy holidays,

-Ulf