Rewrite of IBM doublebyte charsets

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at gmx.de
Thu May 21 20:11:13 UTC 2009

Am 21.05.2009 00:22, Xueming Shen schrieb:
> Ulf, thanks for the review!
>
> Now we have a bugid for this one.

Good idea! I set it on my watch list.

> With this change,
> (1)21% reduce of rt.jar size (from 2.99M-with the euc_tw reduce to 2.35M)

???  My rt.jar is 46 MB. Can you explain your numbers?

> The test case test/sun/nio/cs/OLD/TestIBMDB.java is used to make sure
> there is no mapping
> regression, there are new mapping entries added (because switching to
> the latest IBM cdc
> mapping tables for some charsets, which the b2c tables we have are not
> accurate/complete), but
> no conflit with previous mappings.

In IBM933.map you state:

#    Warning:
#    (2) we "should" have an entry
#        25  000a
#        in IBM933.nr (b->c only tables) as other ebcdic
#        mappings do, but the "old" implementation actually
#        maps \u000a to 25. Keep it old behavior for now.

I think we shouldn't stick on old behaviour here, as there obviously was
an error in old code, but nobody filed a bug until now.

> Alan, Martin, I need you guys also help review the change, I will need
> a name on the putback message.

I would be happy to see my name in 2nd/3rd position. :-)

-Ulf