classlist.* and jar_reorder ?

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Wed Jul 11 12:21:21 UTC 2012

On 03/07/2012 07:54, David Holmes wrote:
> Can someone explain to me, or point me to docs, regarding the
> make/tools/sharing/classlist.* files, how they are used and maintained
> and what jar_reorder does with them?
>
> Thanks,
> David
There's a README in make/tools/sharing that outlines how the lists are
created. It's basically a set of benchmarks that are run with
-verbose:class and the list of classes is used to create the classlist.*
files. At install time then -Xshare:dump loads this set of classes when
creating the shared archive. I don't know how jre_reorder is used but I
see Kelly has replied on that.

-Alan.