Codereview request for 7183053: Optimize DoubleByte charset for String.getBytes()/new String(byte[])

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at CoSoCo.de
Fri Jul 13 19:30:14 UTC 2012

Am 13.07.2012 14:19, schrieb Alan Bateman:

> Ulf - you've got several patches to the double byte charsets and I wonder if you have cycles to
> try Sherman's patch with jdk8 to see if there is any more to be gained?

Additionally, I'm wondering, that EUC_TW is not part of the patch.
I've worked on that for some months last year, gaining an improvement of ~30 % but have no final
result though.

-Ulf