Codereview request for 7183053: Optimize DoubleByte charset for String.getBytes()/new String(byte[])

Joe Darcy joe.darcy at oracle.com
Sat Jul 14 00:27:00 UTC 2012

Hello,

On 7/13/2012 2:59 PM, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> On 7/13/12 9:22 PM, Ulf Zibis wrote:
>> Am 13.07.2012 14:19, schrieb Alan Bateman:
>>> Ulf - you've got several patches to the double byte charsets and I wonder if you have cycles to try Sherman's patch with jdk8 to see if there is any more to be gained?
>> First, most of those patches have been closed from official side, don't really understand why:
>> https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&long_desc_type=substring&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailqa_contact2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=ulf.zibis&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Importance&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=
> Tim is going through then issues in Bugzilla and closing the already fixed ones, and migrating the rest over to bug.sun.com in preparation for the the JIRA migration, afaik.

That is correct.  I've asked Tim to go over the Bugzilla issues as part
of the effort to move the JDK to JIRA:

     https://blogs.oracle.com/darcy/entry/moving_monarchs_dragons

Bugzilla issues will be closed out if appropriate and patches, etc.
moved from Bugzilla into the legacy bugtraq system so that they are then
moved forward as a consequence of the bugtraq to JIRA migration.

HTH,

-Joe