Code Review Request: 7183800: TEST_BUG: Update tests to run on Ubuntu 12.04 (localhost is 127.0.1.1)

Chris Hegarty chris.hegarty at oracle.com
Sun Jul 15 21:52:44 UTC 2012

Kurchi,

I don't have any problem with the source changes ( they make sense ),
but I don't see why they are necessary.

The listening socket is bound to the wildcard address, so sending to the
local address should work. I guess this is some kind of (default
configuration error/issue). Anyway, your test changes are fine.

Adding the third test to the problem list makes sense ( as you say, it
will require a more involved fix ), but you should create a new separate
bug number for it and add it to the comment in the ProblemList. It may
be a little confusing to see this bug number in the comment when the bug
database will show it as fixed.

-Chris.