Native zlib libraries

Andrew Hughes ahughes at redhat.com
Thu Jul 19 13:20:44 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On 05/07/2012 17:11, Andrew Hughes wrote:

Hmmm... this is interesting as we've been shipping OpenJDK with system zlib the whole time.

Are some of the issues resolved in newer versions?  My system copy is 1.2.7.

Not only is it generally against GNU/Linux distribution policy to bundle libraries without good reason, but it also means
we then have to rebuild OpenJDK for any security issues in those dependencies.

--
Andrew :)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

PGP Key: 248BDC07 (https://keys.indymedia.org/)
Fingerprint = EC5A 1F5E C0AD 1D15 8F1F  8F91 3B96 A578 248B DC07