RFR: 8029451 : Tidy warnings cleanup for java.util package

Martin Buchholz martinrb at google.com
Fri Dec 6 19:14:36 UTC 2013

Hi Joe,

You and I know that readObject and writeObject are very special private
methods, since they are effectively part of the public API.  Apparently,
the unexpectedly clever javadoc tool knows this as well, so even with
default flags, it will report warnings for these methods.

Notice the "Generating /tmp/t8/serialized-form.html..." below.

src/share/classes/java/util $ (mkdir -p /tmp/t8 && ~/jdk/jdk8/bin/javadoc
-d /tmp/t8 ArrayList.java)
Constructing Javadoc information...
Standard Doclet version 1.8.0-ea
Building tree for all the packages and classes...
Generating /tmp/t8/java/util/ArrayList.html...
Generating /tmp/t8/java/util/package-frame.html...
Generating /tmp/t8/java/util/package-summary.html...
Generating /tmp/t8/java/util/package-tree.html...
Generating /tmp/t8/constant-values.html...
Generating /tmp/t8/serialized-form.html...
ArrayList.java:759: warning: no @param for s
    private void readObject(java.io.ObjectInputStream s)
                 ^
ArrayList.java:759: warning: no @throws for java.io.IOException
ArrayList.java:759: warning: no @throws for java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
    private void readObject(java.io.ObjectInputStream s)
                 ^
ArrayList.java:736: warning: no @param for s
    private void writeObject(java.io.ObjectOutputStream s)
                 ^
ArrayList.java:736: warning: no @throws for java.io.IOException
    private void writeObject(java.io.ObjectOutputStream s)
                 ^
Building index for all the packages and classes...