WITHDRAWN Re: Proposal: Fully Concurrent ClassLoading

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Fri Feb 1 04:01:27 UTC 2013

Hi Peter,

On 31/01/2013 11:07 PM, Peter Levart wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Could the parallel classloading be at least space optimized somehow in
> the JDK8 timeframe if there was a solution ready?

If there is something that does not impact any of the existing specified
semantics regarding the classloader lock object then it may be possible
to work it into an 8 update if not 8 itself. But all the suggestions
I've seen for reducing the memory usage also alter the semantics in someway.

However, a key part of the concurrent classloader proposal was that it
didn't change the behaviour of any existing classloaders outside the
core JDK. Anything that changes existing behaviour has a much higher
compatibility bar to get over.

David
-----